Gardener/Ground Maintenance Operatives
1 day left
- Full Time
Main Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will carry out garden maintenance duties to domestic and commercial clients and various schemes on behalf of our client in the following disciplines:
• To carry out numerous gardening duties, requiring a minimum amount of supervision to perform horticultural tasks.
To ensure that all garden maintenance works are carried out in the correct time frame and are to the correct standard and quality.
You will provide an efficient and effective service as a member of the Operations team, creating an environment enjoyable to work in, to include colleagues, office staff and all members of your team.
• To ensure that all customer gardens are maintained to the highest possible standards and that all statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
• To ensure that all works are completed within the target times set
• To provide exceptional levels of customer service.
• To carry out gardening and maintenance works of all customer properties in accordance with current Building Regulations and Health and Safety Legislation.
• To use/ wear and apply all PPE appropriate to the works being undertaken
• Conduct yourself appropriately within the Company's guide lines. Ensure that corporate brand guidelines are adhered to (i.e. clean vehicle, uniforms, site appearance, etc).
• Undertake necessary training for your role when required.
• To communicate any job variations directly with customers and members of the Company's management team.
• To attend and participate in regular 1-1 performance reviews.
• To attend tool box talks associated to the department covering relevant Health & Safety regulations, COSHH data and any relevant updates.
• Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to ensure that all are recorded in a timely manner and that procedures are followed
• Must be physically fit as manual lifting is required
General Specifications of Work:
• To carry out garden maintenance works to various types of properties both residential and commercial as required.
• General horticultural maintenance duties using hand tools and mechanical horticultural appliances.
• Sweep, litter pick and empty bins including the removal of dog faeces.
• Digging, forking, hoeing, weeding, pruning, mulching and application of fertilizers.
• Hedge cutting, grass mowing (cylinder, rotary, strim, flail). Pruning of shrubs and roses.
• Prepare, plant and maintain annual bedding.
• Planting and staking of trees.
• Prepare and plant rose beds, rockeries, herbaceous borders and shrubberies.
• Prepare ground for turf laying and lay turf.
• Prepare seed bed and sow seed.
• Application of Pesticides.
• Interpretation of plans, site preparation and construction of soft and hard landscaping.
• Carry out driving duties as required.
• Removal of debris from site.
• Be prepared to work out of hours as required.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager
Professional/ Education Requirements:
• Must have relevant practical experience working in a grounds maintenance service environment.
• NPTC level PA1 and PA6a pesticide certificates.
• Must hold current driving licence with Category C1 or equivalent or hold a licence issued on or before 31.12.95.
• Must hold a NVQ Level 2 in Amenity Horticulture or equivalent, or give a commitment to complete certificate within 12 months of appointment and be able to demonstrate a wide range of horticultural skills and knowledge.
Please note that this is a mobile position and you will be carrying out jobs all over London and associated counties.
Salary: £10 per Hour + Van Provided
Please apply online for this Gardener/Ground Maintenance Operative role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.