Web Developer - Designer
Permanent, Full Time
Our client, a busy, internationally active publishing and property awards company, requires a multi-skilled web developer and designer to take overall responsibility for a range of web sites and related digital services including online registration and sales facilities and email marketing design. This position needs both web development and design skills. The role will also involve preparation of presentations for events and may involve international travel. This is a small company so you should be a self-starter adept at multi-tasking and taking ownership of projects. Depending on abilities, you may also be involved in some print design. Note that this web developer role is not a junior / entry-level position.
- Design skills - strong creative skills and ability to plan and design professional-standard web pages and digital materials
- WordPress - Good knowledge including confidence with self-hosted installations of WordPress and basic theme customisations
- PHP & MySQL - Knowledge related to building basic reliable web projects
- Excel - Good knowledge with an understanding of how data should be structured and manipulated
- Photoshop, Sketch or similar - relevant knowledge involving interface and web layout designs
- Web Hosting & cPanel - relevant knowledge involving setup and basic maintenance of hosting & domains
- HTML & CSS - designing and building basic valid HTML pages and emails
- Experience with Apple Macs
- Excel - very good knowledge including confidence with using macros and dealing with complex functions
- PowerPoint - very good knowledge including confidence with using macros
- Mailchimp or similar - any knowledge related to sending email campaigns or automations Any knowledge of using automation tools to assist with repetitive tasks (Automator or Office macros etc.)
- Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro or similar - knowledge related to video editing
- Adobe Creative Suite - experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat
- They will need to see a portfolio or selection of samples of your work.
The company is based in its own offices in a converted mill house near the centre of Chelmsford with good transport links, including nearby rail. The role is an opportunity to bring your own skills and experience to a rapidly developing and wide-ranging position in a compact and friendly creative team.