Plant Shift Team Leader
Over 15 million tonnes of food waste is produced in the UK each year. We believe that food that could be eaten, should be eaten. After this, the best place for inedible food waste is recycling, via anaerobic digestion or in-vessel composting.
Anaerobic digestion is the most environmentally friendly, low carbon way to treat food waste. It diverts waste from landfill and incineration, reduces carbon emissions, recycles valuable nutrients back to the soil and creates a low cost, constant form of renewable energy. Simply, it’s the best place for inedible food waste.
We have an exciting opportunity at Tamar Energy for a Plant Shift Team Leader to join the team based in Hoddesdon. You will be on a full time permanent basis and be paid a starting salary of £28,000 per annum.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Shift Team Leader will take the lead on supervising the plant operations team to ensure they are working safely and effectively.
Some key responsibilities of the Plant Shift Team Leader include:
- To supervise the team of Plant Operators and coordinate activities to ensure plant performance is reached.
- Ensure daily workloads and priorities are being met by self and that of the team.
- Manage all daily health, safety and environments concerns on the plant for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Lead by example by operating within HSE guidelines, and coach others that same way.
- Optimise plant operations through maintenance and use of internal systems, (SCADA) to achieve key performance indicators.
- Manage feedstock deliveries and offloads on site.
- Assist with plant maintenance work and inspections to improve reliability.
Skills needed to become our Plant Shift Team Leader
- Ideally experience of working in a similar role within a waste recycling environment or similar, as a minimum an understand the anaerobic digestion process, and can coach others on the process.
- Experience of managing a team is essential.
- Experience of working within a heavily driven health & safety environment is essential, including an understanding and appreciation of applying risk assessments and method statements is essential.
- The ability to lead, coach and motivate others.
- Have a brief understanding of both mechanical and electronically operator machinery, and ideally experience of fault finding and maintenance, although desirable.
- Experience of working with mobile plant machinery including telehandler and loading shovel, and have relevant tickets to operate the machinery.
- Be comfortable in using a computer, ideally experience of using SCADA monitoring system, or similar.
- Flexible approach to working hours and be available for additional on call and out of ours.
A full job description is available.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Plant Shift Team Leader then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Plant Shift Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly