Job Title: Operations Director
Location: Little Warley - Essex
Hours: 40 hours Monday - Friday
Eos Leisure is an exciting, fast paced and dynamic business working within the electronic cigarette industry. Due to the scale of our growth and expansion into new markets, we are looking for an Operations Director with experience in manufacturing to join our senior team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced senior Operations professional to make a real impact on the growth of a manufacturing-focused, highly successful SME.
You will be able to add value and provide leadership and expertise across the business, but initially will focus on two key areas: Eliquid Manufacturing (primary) and Logistics (secondary). This role will give you direct responsiblity for the functional areas of Manufacturing, Planning, Purchasing, Projects, and Logistics. This will include all the strategic, financial, manpower and cultural management to ensure the achievement of organisational objectives and performance KPIs.
You will deliver increased efficiencies in quality, productivity and planning through the introduction of best practice and modern manufacturing methods. You will be in control of all resources, planning, health and safety, quality output and efficiency of all areas of responsibility, including the motivaiton and management of all staff, and ensuring the achievement of project objectives and deadlines, on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate will have a degree level qualification or equivalent relevant experience. A strong background of managing operations in a food & beverage or pharmaceutical environment is advantageous, and experience of working within an ISO Quality Management System framework is paramount. In addition to these skills, you will have a strong and robust character with a track record of successful delivery of projects, managing people and financial/budgetary and strategic control.
There is no public transport to the Childerditch Industrial Park in Little Warley where this role is based, so holding a full UK driving license is essential.
- Strong food/beverage or pharmaceutical manufacturing background
- Experience in managing large labour intensive operations
- Experience in Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Experience in managing costs in large and/or complex operations
- Experienced in planning large and/or complex operations
- Experience in managing senior (& department) managers
- Experience in continuous improvement techniques
- Experience in working within ISO Quality Management System framework
- Experience working with leading technology to increase business efficiency
- Experience of the management of quality systems for multiple wholesale customers within a food/pharma manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of HR and H&S
- Good understanding of financial reporting
- Good understanding of ERP systems
- Understanding of LEAN principles and continuous improvement techniques
- Be responsible for the day to day operations of the business
- To provide leadership and direction to the operational management team
- To create and implement a sustainable CI strategy
- Drive a programme of change within the operation, focusing on improved efficiencies in quality, productivity and planning through the introduction of best practice and modern manufacturing methods
- Design and project manage the build of a new operation
- Ensure best operational practices are shared across the group operations
- Be responsible for the development, implementation and deployment of Business Processes and SOP's for the manufacturing of product
- Identify, champion, manage and support the board's initiatives and lean ways of working
- Competitive salary GBP70-90k depending on experience
- Performance bonuses
- Annual salary review
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Fun and friendly environment
- Fruit, cereals, cold drinks, tea and as much coffee as you can drink!