Shift Team Leader
The Company: MVV Environment Ridham Ltd
Location: Ridham Dock, nr Sittingbourne, KENT
Position: Shift Team Leader
About us: MVV Umwelt GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MVV Energie AG, has more than 40 years of experience in operating decentralised waste disposal and energy generation plants. Our Group now manages incineration capacity of about 1.5 million tonnes of household and commercial and industrial waste and waste timber a year and is therefore one of the market leaders in the generation of energy from waste. With its extensive expertise in generating energy from waste and its investment strength, our Group entered the UK market in 2008. MVV is contracted to the South West Devon Waste Partnership to operate and maintain an Energy from Waste CHP Facility in Devonport, Plymouth. We also operate a Biomass Facility in Ridham Dock, Kent and are currently bidding for a project in Dundee.
Working hours: Shift rota based on 40 hours per week to provide continuous operational cover of the Biomass Power Facility
Package: Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package
Purpose of the position:
Management of the safe, compliant and efficient operation of the wood reception, processing and residues management of the Biomass Power Plant at all times when on duty in order to deliver best facility performance regarding fuel throughput, energy efficiency, resource saving, low wearing, cost efficiency and the targets of the company. Management of the Processing shift team, day to day operations and the Facility.
- Safe, compliant and efficient operation according to operation instructions of the Facility at all times when on duty. Supervision and deployment of manpower as appropriate to ensure safe, compliant and efficient operation of all activities on site adhering to all operational procedures including emergency situations
- Continuing personal development of subordinated staff to enhance knowledge & skills relevant to the role
- Representation of Company Management outside normal office hours
- Producing and issuing Reports on time according to reporting regulations
Knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- An experienced Engineer / Technician having completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training
- NVQ or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum IOSH 4 day qualification
- Knowledge of Regulatory requirements, environmental an H&S regulations
- Senior Authorised in Safe Systems of Work
- Proven experience in an Energy from Waste facility or similar process, operating high pressure steam systems. Broad experience gained through shift working in a continuous process environment, preferably in Energy from Waste
- Ability to lead an operations shift team to ensure adherence with procedures and effective utilisation of staff
- Ability to work shifts
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise tasks and work without supervision
- An effective team member
- Strong communicator
- Flexible, with a creative approach to problem-solving
The above is a summary of the main tasks and responsibilities of the post, further tasks and responsibilities may be required within the demands of the business.
Apply now: Please send your CV and covering letter to Justine Wotton (HR Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1752 393150 for further information. The closing date for applications is 25th July 2017.
Apply for Shift Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly