A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the Shunter role
Our Shunter's report directly into our Night shift Supervisors/Night shift team leader. We are looking for an enthusiastic Shunter to join the night shift team. It is important that you can stay motivated throughout the night shift and be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with tasks. You need to be bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about your role.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our Shunter
- Control the movement of the fleet within the yard.
- Shunt and Park vehicles ready for dispatch use, ensuring site speed and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- Other AD hoc duties as required such as helping out with are warehouse team.
A few things about you
- Previous experience in shunting commercial vehicles would be an advantage
- Experience or working to deadlines
- Experience in warehousing or logistics is desirable but not essential
- Must have a clean, full UK driving licence.
Key skills and experience needed to become our Shunter:
- Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
For your chance to join our AO family and be part of our future as a Shunter apply now!