Front End Developer (Essex, 30k-50k dependent on experience)
A unique opportunity has become available for a Front End Developer at the UK's most innovative, award winning ‘Online Estate Agents of the Year'. My clients are in the forefront of their industry, building a technical centre of excellence in the East.
Please note that this role is currently based in Sudbury, Suffolk until June 2017 when my client will be relocating to a town centre location in Colchester, Essex
The ideal candidate:
As a developer you will be working closely with a cross-functional creative and technical team on a range of new projects using cutting-edge technologies. Strong communication skills are essential with the ability to work alongside the wider team on tight deadlines with a well organised, detailed and accurate manner.
Within this role you will be using the following languages, frameworks, processes and tools:
- HTML(5), CSS(3)
- Build automation - Grunt, Webpack, LESS
- Client-side scripting, modular JS (ES6) development. Non jQuery reliant.
- Knowledge of PHP. Symfony ideal.
- Version control - Git
Other Desired Skills and Attributes
- Strong communication skills, both technically and non-technically
- Keen software engineering approach
- SEO best practices
- UI/UX best practices
- Accessibility best practices
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- Mobile web and/or native development
- Optimising the front end for scalability and maintainability
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Image processing using GIMP/Photoshop
- Champion of modern development practices and tools, eg Continuous Delivery, Source Control, TDD
In return, our client will offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where they value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You'll work on a variety of projects on their award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement, for example internationalisation, mobile sites and partner tools.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and would love to be a part of a growing company please apply online attaching your most up to date CV.
Apply for Front End Developer (Essex, 30k-50k dependent on experience)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly