Avionics / Electrical Design Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen with our client's organisation based in Essex, who is looking for an experienced Avionics / Electrical Integration Design Engineer to be responsible for design and integration of Avionics / Electrical systems into a variety of airborne platforms.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Production of manufacturing and installation drawings using AutoCAD in compliance with the Design Office Handbook (DOH) and relevant Certification Basis e.g. CS-25.
• Provision of support to the structural/mechanical design engineers in matters relating to electrical/avionics design.
• Carry out aircraft surveys to define design solutions as required.
• Carry out on-site support for customers during modification embodiment.
• Production of Technical Documentation to support certification of the modification e.g. System Safety Analysis, Electrical Load Analysis, EWIS EZAP Reports, Compliance Certification Reports, Ground Test Reports, Flight Test Reports.
• Creation of electrical/avionics installation and manufacturing drawings.
• Provide mentoring and technical support to current Apprentices.
• Provision of checking function for Electrical / Avionic design documentation.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Key Technical Skills / Competencies:
• Knowledge of, and the ability to select, appropriate avionics/electrical techniques and solutions for aerospace applications
• Knowledge of SSA qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques.
• Knowledge of aerospace electrical manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of EASA CS25 requirements
• Ability to work to a high and consistent level of accuracy
• Proficient user of AutoCAD (2D)
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Electrical/Avionics Drawing check
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a range of technical and operational topics.
• Able to work with minimum direction/supervision on complex tasks.
• Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines with direct customer interaction.
• Experience working within an Aerospace Design Office.
• HNC, HND, Degree in a relevant engineering subject.
• Knowledge of Digital electronic design
• EASA Part 21 Subpart J (DOA) requirements
• EASA Part 21 Subpart G (POA) requirements
• Experience of the full design life-cycle from conception to delivery of the design package.
• An engineering apprenticeship with relevant experience.
Location: Based in Essex
Salary: On Application
Job type: Permanent
Must have a clean full UK driving licence and UK passport
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply online with your updated CV and covering letter/ statement.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for this Avionics / Electrical Design Engineer role and to follow further instructions if applicable.