We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At PROCAT we are currently looking for a Careers Advisor to join our team based in Basildon/Ilford. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 37.5 hours per week and will receive a competitive salary of up to £24,000. Flexibility of working hours is a requirement of the role as there is some evening and potentially weekend work.
PROCAT is a specialist college which has been established to meet the workforce development needs of businesses which operate in sectors which are critical to the UK economy. This includes advanced apprenticeships to secure a pipeline of new talent, higher and degree apprenticeships to support advanced engineering capability and bespoke training solutions to develop the expertise and skills of the existing workforce.
About the Careers Advisor role
This role is crucial in attracting and recruiting able, talented and committed young people to start their career at PROCAT. In doing this, Advisors will work to inspire young people to start a career in engineering or construction with PROCAT and then continue to support their progression from referral, through learning to completion of the programme and finally to progress into employment. Working with the Head of Student Services, the post holder will ensure that all necessary paperwork is prepared to advise and inform faculty staff of the individual needs of the students recruited to programme. It is a requirement of this post that the database is updated continually and responds to students within 48 hours where information is concerned.
The post will be based at the Basildon Campus for the first 6 months and will then be located at the TUCA Campus in Ilford. Flexibility of location across all PROCAT sites will be a requirement.
Key Responsibilities of our Careers Advisor
- Ensure that recruitment targets are met and that programmes are maintained at or near capacity
- Support initiatives that provide young people with the opportunities to experience engineering and construction via taster days, competitions, etc.
- Ensure that all administration is completed in an accurate and timely way. It is a requirement of this post that the database is updated within 48 hours where student information is concerned.
What we’re looking for in our Careers Advisor
- Hold suitable IAG qualifications or be prepared to undertake training
- Minimum of Level 2 or equivalent qualification(s) in English and Maths
- Understanding of the needs of young people
- Empathy with young people and their parents/carers
- Ability to manage, co-ordinate and/or deliver all recruitment and induction tasks
- Ability to show initiative in developing and maintaining systems
- Ability to deal with people sensitively and confidentiality within policies and procedures
- Competent use of database systems to record, analyse data and provide reports
- Ability to present information to individuals and small groups in an engaging and informative manner
- Ability to write professional letters, reports and other communications
- Articulate and approachable with good interpersonal skills
We are always looking for candidates interested in an exciting career in work-based learning and business training. So if this sounds like the perfect role for you and you’d like to join us as our new Careers Advisor, then please click ‘apply’ today - don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!