Maintenance Engineer, East London, Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer role on behalf of a leading Food Manufacturer based in East London.
The will involve provision of an effective maintenance service to all plant/equipment used within the production areas, with emphasis on the improving plant availability & reliability.
- Work safely at all times.
- Carry out plant isolations.
- Carry out reactive maintenance when required by plant priorities.
- To plan, schedule & agree daily/weekly workload with the Area Maintenance Leader, incorporating Preventative, Predictive and improvement activities.
- Plan plant insurance inspections liaising with the insurance inspector when required.
- Provide cost estimates for improvement projects and generate capital requests for these projects.
- Supervise maintenance activities optimising available on site resources and contractors to ensure expedient, high quality repairs, servicing and improvement projects.
- Supervise cleaning resources to maintain plant hygiene
- Administer and review SAP maintenance system for budgeting, historical trend & reliability analysis.
- Undertake detailed RCA on component failures, generating and implementing modifications & improvements to address reliability and performance issues within the plant.
- Ensure full PPE compliance at all times
The Ideal Candidate:
- Self motivated with desire for continual personal development.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability for problem solving and providing long term solutions.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & environmental systems & procedures
- Comparable experience of maintenance within an automated continuous process environment, which includes PLC and HT systems.
- Experience of Predictive/Preventative maintenance techniques and regimes.
- Preferably an HNC/NVQ 4 in an engineering discipline, at least BTEC/ONC or equivalents in relevant discipline.
Working hours: 0600- 1800, 1800 - 0600
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrician, Mechanic, Multiskilled Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Supervisor, Team Leader, PPM, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Production, Operations, East London, Stratford, Canary Wharf, Silvertown, Romford, Essex, Woolwich, Belvedere, Barking, Poplar, Woolwich, Ilford, Dagenham