Trainee Building Designer /Junior Building Designer -Orangeries
Job Title: Trainee Building Designer
Location: South Woodham Ferrers, Essex. Candidates may relocate to Lambeth once up to speed.
Salary: Dependent on experience
The company has been designing and building very high end timber garden rooms (orangeries etc.) for 30 years and has earned an impressive reputation for outstanding design and superior quality.
They are looking for a hardworking, creative and self-motivated trainee who will service new enquiries, secure orders and support the Project Coordination team in the overall fulfilment of attained contracts.
- Attending design consultation visits and interpreting an accurate brief
- Taking basic measured and photographic architectural surveys.
- Meeting potential customers at our London showrooms or at our showroom/manufacturing facility in Essex, to discuss project details and promote company capabilities.
- Draw, or liaise with the Illustrator to achieve, design drawings from which precise customer quotations can be calculated.
- Present design proposals to enquirers and review or progress as necessary
- Maintain regular contact with customers throughout the design and sales process, building rapport, offering knowledge and guidance to assist in their decision-making, and being a dedicated contact to ensure the smooth running of their building project.
- Liaise with Managing Director, Architectural Director, Finance Manager, Master Builder, and Project Coordinator with regard to project details, planning applications, design decisions and updates to customer, project and sales records.
This role would initially be based in Essex. However, once up to speed, the Designer could base themselves out of either the Essex (South Woodham Ferrers) or London(Lambeth) office.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player and strong communicator with some design experience and a good understanding of architecture.
- They must have a clean driving license and be willing to travel to meet with prospective customers (mainly London & Home Counties but sometime further afield).
- Previous experience within the architectural or construction industry, and a natural drawing ability, would also be beneficial.
- The company offers a great package including competitive salary (dependant on experience), private healthcare and pension scheme.
- The company is a Silver Investors in People Company.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Trainee Building Designer, Junior Building Designer, Technical Designer, Building Designer, Architecture, Architect, Graphic Designer- Layout Designer, Digital Designer, Designer, Adobe Designer, Digital Design Executive will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Trainee Building Designer /Junior Building Designer -Orangeries
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly